Features you can find in MAPIO 2 Lite:
- Two application modes – can be used as FFGL plug-in or Standalone application
- Binding several FFGL plug-ins to a single Mapio editor/project
- Syphon support (Mac only) as client and server (for a standalone only)
- Each slice in Standalone mode supports image, video file (any FFmpeg format plus sound support) or Sypthon server (MacOS) as a source
- Importing of 3D file format (Collada *.dae) support (please see below About 3D Collada import)
- Export to SVG or PNG of selected slices and masks
- Significantly improved editing features for slices - group transformations, resize and rotation for slices and masks
- Editable vectors and bitmap images masks can be set up for each Input or Output map
- New Tool for splitting Masks and Slices
- New advanced warping tool
- Improved Edge Blending tool
- Bezier Tool for slices and masks
- Option for automatic perspective correction for slices
- Different slices shapes: quad, triangle, pentagon, hexagon, ellipse
- New overlay layer with mouse cursor, edges and slices vertices in map output (also in FFGL mode)
- OSC control of parameters and geometric slices (F1 for instructions)
- Copy & Paste of the selected slices or masks
- And many more features.
Upgrade options and license
MAPIO 2 Lite price is 150 euro (excl. VAT). Each license allows two installations, but only one of them could be used as production.
For upcoming customers*: New licensed owners of the MAPIO 1.x will be upgraded to MAPIO 2 Lite free of charge.
* Everyone who buys MAPIO 1.x in the period from June 1, 2013 to the date of MAPIO 2 Lite final release.
For existing customers: Licensed owners of MAPIO 1.x will receive 50% discount to upgrade to MAPIO 2 Lite.
Beta version evaluation
Features of the Beta are not restricted, but application will start displaying a warning that you are using Beta version after September 1st, 2013. Please note, we do not recommend using the application on liability actions without proper testing.
About 3D Collada import
The first requirement to import DAE files is to have at least one camera in the scene. The second requirement - exporting Collada must be made as triangles. The model should be low-polygonal, as each triangle is imported into slice (we recommend no more than 100-200 triangles in a visible scene). For Input and Output maps, you can specify different cameras. For Input map you can use texture mapping coordinates (UV Map) and at the same time attach this texture as the source for a slice.
Beta3 version has few issues which will be fixed in a future release.
- Currently there is no support for Capture Devices for Mac OS.
- Timeline and management of videoclips (panel that opens by clicking on the clip preview) will be improved.
- Split tool in combination with other tools currently doesn’t work properly, it’s being fixed.
We are working on improvements continuously.
Please note, MAPIO 2 FFGL mode is not compatible with MAPIO 1 FFGL. There is a problem in their simultaneous work in Resolume (and other FFGL hosts). To disable the loading of MAPIO 1 you can rename the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Visution\Mapio\" or “/Applications/Mapio”. If you would like to switch back to MAPIO 1, it is enough to remove MAPIO 2 folder and change MAPIO 1 folder to the original state.
You can now download the latest MAPIO 2 Lite Beta3 version for MacOS and Windows OS.
MacOS X (10.7 - 10.8): VisutionMapio_v2.0Lite-Beta3.dmg VisutionMapio_v2.0Lite-Beta3f.dmg